In 2016, the Lincoln Highway Association is organizing a tour on two historic roads, the old National Road and Historic Route 66. The organized tour will terminate at the intersection with the Lincoln Highway, allowing you to travel east or west from there on this equally significant road.
- Friday, June 17
- Cumberland, MD — opening dinner
- Saturday, June 18
- Cumberland, MD to Wheeling, WV on the old National Road — 148 miles
- Sunday, June 19
- Wheeling, WV to Springfield, OH on the old National Road — 180 miles
- Monday, June 20
- Springfield, OH to Richmond, IN on the old National Road plus local touring & attractions — 68 miles
- Tuesday, June 21
- Richmond, IN to Indianapolis, IN on the old National Road plus local touring & attractions — 102 miles
- Wednesday, June 22
- Indianapolis, IN to Vandalia, IL on the old National Road — 165 miles
- Thursday, June 23
- Vandalia, IL to Springfield, IL on historic Route 66 — 133 miles
- Friday, June 24
- Springfield, IL to Joliet, IL on historic Route 66 and closing dinner — 179 miles
- Saturday, June 25
- Depart Joliet, IL on your own — hopefully east or west on the Lincoln Highway!
- Full tour
- $490.00 for driver, $450 for each passenger
- Partial tour
- $75.00 per person/day (two day minimum)
Includes most meals and snacks, admission to museums and attractions, tour directions and magnetic signs for cars, tour director and support vehicle.
Tour is open to all vehicles — antiques, classics, motorcycles, and contemporary. Do the whole tour or just part, with a 2-day minimum.
Tour fee does not include lodging. Lodging reservations will be made separately by the tour staff. You will be contacted by a member of the staff explaining how this will be done.
Payment and refund policy
- Tour fees will be refunded in full if cancellation notification is received on or before May 1, 2016.
- A 50% refund of tour fees will be issued if notification is received between May 1 and June 1, 2016.
- No refund will be issued for cancellation after June 1, 2016.
- Cancellation of lodging reservations is subject to the policy of each individual motel facility.