The Lincoln Highway Association is joining the Jefferson Highway Association to host a tour over these two historic roads.
Note that the address to mail in the registration form this year is different from previous years.
Participants who plan to be on the tour when it crosses into Canada must have a current passport, meaning that it should have an expiration date of January 1, 2018 or after. Allow 6 weeks for applying for or renewing a U.S. passport. Please visit the State Department’s passport website for more information.
Anyone who has been convicted of driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI) will very likely be denied entry into Canada. This includes a car’s driver and passengers. Please visit EZBorderCrossing for more information.
- Saturday, June 24
- Denison IA to Ames IA (with opening dinner) — Lincoln Highway · 100 miles
- Sunday, June 25
- Ames IA to Albert Lea MN — Lincoln and Jefferson Highways · 178 miles
- Monday, June 26
- Albert Lea MN to Minneapolis MN — Jefferson Highway · 174 miles
- Tuesday, June 27
- Minneapolis MN to Park Rapids MN — Jefferson Highway · 200 miles
- Wednesday, June 28
- Park Rapids MN to Thief River Falls MN — Jefferson Highway · 178 miles
- Thursday, June 29
- Thief River Falls MN to Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada — Jefferson Highway · 176 miles
- Friday, June 30
- Remain in Winnipeg for additional touring, or return home — east or west — via the Trans-Canada Highway!
Each day will feature local touring and attractions, snack stops and meals.
- Full tour
- $390 for driver, $360 for each passenger
- Partial tour
- $80 per person per day (two-day minimum)
- The tour is open to all vehicles — antiques, classics, motorcycles, and contemporary. Do the whole tour or just part, with a 2-day minimum.
- The tour is limited to the first 40 vehicles. Registration ends May 1, 2017.
- The tour fee does not include lodging. Suggested lodging will be available for you at the time of registration.
Payment and refund policy
- Full refund on tour fees by May 1.
- 50% refund on tour fees by June 1.
- No refund after June 1.
- Refunds of lodging fees must be negotiated with each venue.
- Jim Cassler – Tour Leader/LHA Liaison
- Scott Berka – Tour Guide/JHA Liaison
- Paul Gilger – Tour Guide/Mapping Coordinator